Saturday, May 5, 2012

Traveling Across the Web

I figured it out. 


Well, I still have a ways to go before I feel fully confident in my web surfing skills. But so far, so good! After my frustration (described in the last post), I started looking at things differently. With direction from my teacher, I realized that I needed to start focusing on connecting more than consuming. I needed to see my Internet use as a more social thing.

I can't even say that I necessarily did much differently. I just looked less for specific content than just for interesting people that I might want to connect with.

Paris, one of my favorite cities
I want to be a travel writer, so I had a lot of fun looking for travel websites, blogs, etc. I had fun exploring the National Geographic website for a little bit (click here for one of my favorite pages there). I also found some really cool travel blogs and commented on them. I spent at least an hour exploring via Twitter and IceRocket, and I didn't want to stop! The best part is, I know exactly where I'm going next with this thread of consciousness. Sometimes I think I could just do this all day.

It's really amazing how much is out there, and I finally was able to tap into it a little bit today. I'm excited for next week when I'll be researching Gone With the Wind. Now I feel confident that I'll know better where to go and what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment